Saturday, February 5, 2011

Feautered Videos (www.singersroom.com)


Artist Profile: Bobby V

Bobby V was born Bobby Wilson on February 27, 1982 in Jackson, Mississippi. He was raised in Atlanta, Georgia. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California.



He is the R & B singer who first entered the music scene in 1996 with the now-defunct youth quartet Mista. Some years after Mista disbanded, BV enrolled in Clark-Atlanta University where he majored in Mass Communications, graduating in 2004 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.

The Boyz II Men-styled group had a hit in 1996 with the single "Blackberry Molasses" but the album didn't follow in the same success and despite a second album being produced by Tim & Bob it was never released.

Due to management issues the group decided to split and the members decided to go their separate ways. Despite the short-lived success of the group Bobby still believes it wasn't a bad experience but a "learning experience".

After graduating from University in 2003, Bobby decided to focus on music again and, armed with three albums of demos, he set out to pursue his music career dream. The demos reached Poon Daddy who then forwarded them onto Ludacris and Shaka Zulu and "the rest is history" as Bobby says.

Bobby V (nicknamed "Valentino" because he was due to be born on Valentines day), under the label Disturbing Tha Peace (DTP), then collaborated with production team Tim & Bob on his current album "Disturbing Tha Peace Presents...Bobby Valentino" which includes the number 1 smash hit "Slow Down" as well as "Tell Me" and "Give me a chance" which features Ludacris.

He is currently signed with Def Soul music imprint and is a member of Ludacris' Disturbing Tha Peace clique.


Bobby V - Rock Wit U




Other Videos


Artist Profile: Ciara
The 18-year-old beauty from Atlanta is the latest multi-talented scene-stealer to nudge her way to center stage with attention-grabbing vocals, irresistible songwriting and killer dance moves.

The Austin, Texas native ? a ?military brat? has lived in Germany, New York, California, Arizona and Nevada ? moved to Atlanta as a child and, since that time, has found herself in the mix with some of the city?s biggest and brightest producers, among them Jazze Pha -- who signed Ciara to his Sho? Nuff label after working with her for a mere five days -- and his royal crunkness Lil? Jon, who produced the singer?s lead single, the ?Crunk & B? cautionary wrist-slapper ?Goodies.?

Dubbed as the First Lady of ?Crunk & B?, Ciara is only the second artist (the first was Usher with his hit single ?Yeah?) to release a Crunk & B song. Says Lil? Jon of the newly-formed genre, ?Crunk & B songs are R&B songs that get you crunk. They make you wanna wild out. [?Goodies?] is a female empowerment record. The female has the power. The female is in control on this song. This is one of those records for the ladies.?

And Ciara is as real as they come. Her self-titled Sho? Nuff/LaFace/Zomba Label Group debut is a heaping dose of real life issues conveyed through everyday language and extraordinary production and vocal delivery. The album is a complete work of art and a masterful mixture of messages for the young and not so young.

With its easy-to-relate-to subject matter, the album is listener-friendly and accessible to anyone who knows even the slightest bit about ?keeping it real.? ?The songs are very catchy,? says Ciara. ?They?re for all demographics, all age ranges?.They?re not as personal as I want to be. I?d rather be more personal on the second album, once I grow a little more.?

Considering the short time that she?s been in the music business ? about three years ? Ciara has grown plenty. She admits that she?s a bit more mature than the average teenager. ?Throughout life I?ve experienced a lot more than the typical 18 year old has. And being in this industry makes you develop more quickly than a typical child would. You mature faster.? But much of Ciara?s growth and maturity come from her determination to pursue her dreams. ?I remember watching Destiny?s Child perform on TV one day. That?s when I made up my mind: ?Hey I wanna do this.? I watched my peers around me and they were worried about who?s wearing what, going to school, trying to talk to somebody and I was like ?I?m trying to be somebody. What can I do to get there as soon as possible???

Ciara set her sights on her dream and went after it. ?I wrote down on paper that I had a goal to be a professional singer and I wanna be there soon?.I had to sacrifice a lotta things and I think that was the key thing to get me there. I cut out going to the movies, I cut out hanging with my friends, I actually told some of my friends ?This month we?re not gonna hang out or talk on the phone.? I don?t have too many friends anyway ? less is better for me. I cut out the boyfriend ? actually I had my heart broken so I was really like, ?I?m ?bout to do this. I?m ?bout to be on top.??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...